Natural Looking Porcelain Dental Crowns
WHAT IS A DENTAL CROWN?
A dental crown is simply a replica of your natural tooth crown—the visible portion of your tooth above the gumline. A crown can be used if your natural tooth is damaged or cracked, usually in situations where the tooth cannot be repaired through other minor restorative dentistry procedures. Though the concept of crowns for teeth is simple, the work involved in producing a beautiful and natural-looking porcelain crown is not easy. Cosmetic dentist, Dr. Stephen Ratcliff only uses the finest materials and artisan-ship in crafting each tooth crown.
BENEFITS OF TOOTH CROWNS
There are a number of reasons why patients love our porcelain dental crowns:
- Porcelain dental crowns can help to fix misshapen or broken teeth
- Dental crowns are made to fit your smile perfectly; they look just like real teeth
- A dental crown can restore the look of your smile and improve your chewing function
PLACEMENT PROCEDURE FOR PORCELAIN DENTAL CROWNS
After Dr. Stephen Ratcliff has visited with you and assessed your situation, he may suggest a crown treatment. Fortunately, our Arlington dentist practice is equipped with the finest dental technology and our staff is expertly trained to make sure your dental health treatments are calm and comfortable.
- The dental crown procedure starts with a mold being taken of the natural tooth that you need replaced. This mold is used to help create the most realistic and natural-looking/feeling dental crown for you.
- The next step is called “prepping” your tooth. This involves shaping your natural tooth in order to most effectively receive, support and hold your new dental crown.
- When the new tooth crown is complete, it will then be attached to the natural tooth that was prepped to receive it.
- After the new dental crown is in place, we do touch-ups to make sure it functions and interacts well with your other teeth and your overall bite.
If you believe you may need a dental crown treatment or are interested in consulting with us to find out if a new porcelain crown is the best solution for you, call us and schedule a visit today. Dr. Ratcliff and his team are happy to provide services to patients all over Arlington TX and Grand Prairie!