We treat all of our patients royally here at Stephen Ratcliff Family & Cosmetic Dentistry in Arlington TX, but some of them receive actual crowns. Not what a king or queen wears, of course, but porcelain crowns for your teeth!
In dentistry, porcelain crowns have many uses:
- To protect a weak tooth from decay, breaking, or to hold together a cracked tooth.
- To cover and provide stability to a tooth with a large filling and little tooth structure remaining.
- To restore a broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down.
- To improve a tooth that is too small or misshapen.
- To cover a tooth with extreme discoloration.
- To add strength to a tooth following a root canal procedure.
Millions of people the world over have had dental crowns to strengthen a weak tooth, or to replace a missing tooth. Today, new computer software is helping dentists and lab techs make precise shapes and sizes with crowns. 3D images of a patient’s teeth and gums allows them to re-create the shape of the original.
Porcelain crowns can last many years, and are marvelous way to safeguard and upgrade your smile. We provide crowns at Stephen Ratcliff Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, as well as smile makeovers and other procedures.
Contact Stephen Ratcliff Family & Cosmetic Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):