So you want to whiten your teeth? It’s a competitively-priced way to brighten your smile, look younger, and feel more confident when you interact with people in business or social settings. Here are 5 things Stephen Ratcliff Family & Cosmetic Dentistry recommends when it comes to teeth whitening in Arlington:
- Meet with your dentist for a consultation first. There are several different teeth whitening systems and a consultation will help you determine which teeth whitening in Arlington is best for you.
- It is vital to know that teeth whitening in Arlington does not affect existing fillings, veneers, or crowns.
- During your consultation, decide how many shades lighter you want your teeth to be at the end of the treatment. Depending on the whitening method chosen, your teeth can be brightened three to eight shades. An in-office procedure achieves a degree of lightening that cannot be achieved with an OTC product. During your treatment, your dentist may apply a coating to protect your gums and roots while the bleaching agent is applied.
- An alternative method is to have your dentist customize a take-home kit for you. Make sure you follow the instructions accurately. First, molds are made from your upper and lower arch. Then the lab creates trays to hold the bleach. While this method may take longer, it is more cost-effective and more convenient for many patients. Teeth whitening results from either protocol can last from six months to two years.
- With any of the teeth whitening systems, tooth sensitivity may occur. In most cases, it won’t last for more than a day or so. Call Stephen Ratcliff Family & Cosmetic Dentistry if it lasts longer.
Stephen Ratcliff Family & Cosmetic Dentistry offers general, restorative, and cosmetic dental services including dental implants, dentures, porcelain veneers, and Invisalign clear braces. At Stephen Ratcliff Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, quality care and a comfortable patient experience are our top priorities.