Do you have a missing tooth in Arlington? Are you considering the types of tooth restorations available? Does a dental bridge seem to make the most sense financially? If you have a missing tooth in Arlington and want to restore that gap in your mouth, it is vital to examine the differences between a dental bridge and a tooth implant.
Dental bridges have replaced teeth for generations of people. However, they have some disadvantages:
- They are a 3-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem—the adjacent teeth must be prepped and crowned to hold the replacement tooth.
- It is hard to properly clean the small areas under the bridge.
- A dental bridge does not safeguard against bone recession at the extraction site.
Why does a tooth implant have key advantages over a dental bridge?
- It is a 1-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem.
- It is usually stronger.
- Will cut down the risk of bone recession because it replaces the tooth root.
- It is usually easier to keep clean which results in a lower risk of decay.
- They ordinarily last longer.
- Dental implants can support a denture or partial denture.
If you need to replace a tooth, talk to your Arlington dentist about dental financing options. If you select a dental implant, it will probably be less expensive in the long run compared to a dental bridge. If you want to learn more about dental implants, we invite you to call Stephen Ratcliff Family & Cosmetic Dentistry at 817-274-7875. Our professional dental team is passionate about restoring smiles for our patients with stunning permanent restorations. Call today to schedule a dental implant consultation to replace your missing tooth in Arlington. We can also tell you about all of the options you have with restorative dentistry at our dental practice. We look forward to hearing from you.