Did you know that the most common cause of tooth loss among adults is gum disease? The good news is that gum disease is easy to treat if detected in the early stages. Our team at Ratcliff Family & Cosmetic Dentistry is committed to providing the highest quality family and cosmetic dentistry in the Arlington, TX area.
Regular check-ups with your dentist are essential, but there are warning signs for gum disease that everyone should be looking for.
1. Gums that bleed frequently
2. Gums that are tender, swollen, or very red, or gums that have visible pus in between them when they are pushed
3. A bite that changes suddenly so that your teeth don’t seem to fit together correctly
4. Receding gums
5. A bad taste in the mouth or chronic bad breath
6. Loose or separating teeth
If you are experiencing these symptoms, talk to your dentist as soon as possible. Plaque causes gum disease, removing plaque through regular flossing is the key to healthy gums.
At Stephen Ratcliff Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we take pride in caring for our patients and providing the highest quality family and cosmetic dentistry in the Arlington, TX area. We will work tirelessly to help you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile that you can be proud of. Our practice also specializes in dental implants, dentures, teeth whitening, and porcelain veneers, among many other dental procedures. Just give us a call and a member of our warm and friendly staff can make an appointment for you. We hope to hear from you soon!